- Juliette has a Gun – Discovery Perfume Set ($30)
- Fenty Beauty – Gloss Bomb Trio ($42)
- Elemis – The Iconic Collection Set ($125)
- Tree Hut – Ring in the Holidays Trio ($17)
- Nyx Makeup – Beneath the Wreath Lip Gloss Set ($45)
- Glow Recipe – Fruit Babies Set ($38)
- Dior Beauty – Beauty Ritual Set ($85)
- Lancome – Holiday Beauty Box ($79 with any Lancome purchase)
Last weekend my family and I headed to Woodloch Resort in the Poconos (Pennsylvania) for a long overdue fall getaway. If you have been a subscriber to Pearls & Paris for a while, or follow me on Instagram, then you know we love our travels so staying put for the last 7 months hasn’t been easy. This was the perfect road trip from NJ (only a 2 hr drive!) and we knew we would catch the beautiful Fall foliage so we were very excited.
Upon arrival you get your temperature checked at the Wellness Station and then you proceed to check in. Check in was quick and easy and they had great precautionary measures in place. You must wear your mask in all indoor public spaces and outdoors when a social distance of a minimum of 6 feet cannot be achieved, except for when eating & drinking. They also had hand sanitizing stations across the property. Click HERE to see Woodloch’s Wellness Standard. After we were all settled in our room, it was time to explore.
Myself along with the other mama bloggers invited on this trip got a quick golf cart tour of the property before dinner. The property itself is much bigger than I expected and it made me super excited to plan my activities for the next day with my family.
The dining area has fantastic views looking out over Lake Teedyuskung. The staff was super attentive and the food… ah, the food!! SO DELICIOUS. We were pleasantly surprised by how tasty all of our meals were during our stay, but especially dinner. Two of my favorite items had to be the shrimp pot stickers and the BLT Grilled Chicken with Cavatelli in pesto. After dinner we kept it low key and checked out the fire pit and then headed back to the room so the kids could sleep and we could enjoy some wine on the balcony.
The next morning we opted to get our breakfast to go so we could eat in the room, this is actually what we did our whole stay for breakfast and lunch. It was a very convenient option since traveling with the kids as their schedule varies per day. My husband also picked up coffee for us every morning from Gigi’s. The Pumpkin Pie and Maple Pecan coffee were my favorite.
After breakfast we headed out as we wanted to check out as many activities as we could. Woodloch has an app that has a ton of information on it along with the daily food menus and daily activities. Some of the activities require a reservation which you can do directly on the app or you can opt to call the activity help desk. Our day consisted of paintballing, bumper cars, go karts, basketball, bowling, the playground arts & crafts, a boat tour around the lake and the arcade. (Yes, I need a nap after thinking about all of that too lol) With the exception of paint-balling, all of the activities were complimentary.
After dinner we headed to the indoor splash zone! Victor & Ryan actually went earlier in the day while Celine napped and they loved it. It was the perfect way to end our last night at Woodloch.
We were so sad to pack up the next morning and head home but we first made sure to fill up on a delicious breakfast, pick up some homemade pastries to bring home (trying the baked goods from Woodloch is a MUST! All of them are out of this world), some Gigi’s coffee and of course Victor needed another round of go carts and bumper cars. We also did one more walk around the lake. The views, especially during the Fall, are everything!
Our time at Woodloch Resort was perfect. While I know this may be a scary time to think about traveling, the resort is doing everything possible to keep you and your family safe. They are currently only occupying 40-50% of the resort so social distancing is not an issue at all. They also are implementing contactless exchange of room amenities and have removed items such as coffee pots, decorative pillows etc. that are easily contaminated. We also were able to check out right from our room before leaving. If you live in the tri-state area, you need to check out Woodloch Resort for a weekend getaway. You won’t be disappointed.
…until next time!
[ Thank you to Sherri Schubert Events + Woodloch for hosting my family for the weekend and for Children’s Place for the super cute outfits. All opinions, as always, are my own]
- Box of Style | $100 – I love a good curated box and it absolutely makes a fantastic and unique gift for the lady in your life that loves all things beauty and fashion. Box of Style is my favorite subscription box and it brings you over $400 worth of seasonal styles for less than $100 a box. You can opt to get it one time or do a yearly subscription. Each box is curated by Rachel Zoe and includes the best in style and beauty. Click HERE to check it out!
- Gucci Stockings | $95 – Gucci for under $100?! SIGN. ME. UP. No, really – this is one of the items I’m buying for myself this year. They are statement stockings and will jazz up an ordinary outfit. I know some people think gifting stockings might be a little strange, but I promise you – these will be a hit.
- UGG Glitter Slippers | $95 – Slippers is always a safe gift! These are warm, comfy and hello glitter!
- Lily Pulitzer Travel Set | $58 – I’m a sucker for travel accessories. This is a cute, must have set, when jetting off so that you can fly in comfort (& style)
- BaubleBar Custom Gift Set | $48 – Anything BaubleBar will be a hit this holiday season. They have some really great gift sets and this one in particular is a favorite. I love that you can hand pick the charms for the gold hoops.
- Elemis Frangipani Candle | $44 – Elemis is one of my favorite luxury brands and they make the BEST candles. With notes of vanilla and coconut, this candle will bring the tropics to your home. It’s also packaged in a beautiful box for gift giving.
- Lano Lips Trio | $32 – Lano lips is a female owned, cruelty free + natural beauty brand. These lip tints keep your lips hydrated while giving a beautiful tint to the lips.
- Lancome La vie est belle perfume | $73+ – La vie est belle, French for “life is beautiful,” is a statement on the world around us, infused with meaning, with both a conscience and a soul. La vie est belle is for the woman who lives in the present, who is filled with honesty, truth and gratitude, and who is free of social constraint, to emblazon her own unique path. This is one of my favorite scents! A little goes a long way so it’ll be a gift that lasts.
- Fenty Beauty | Glossy Posse Mini Gloss Bomb Set $42 – Fenty Beauty anything is a perfect gift this Holiday but this limited edition set is too good to pass up. It includes 5 mini glass bombs featuring bestselling FU$$Y and four brand-new shades in an ultra-giftable keepsake tin.
- Peter Thomas Roth | Mask-Erade Kit $19 – I’m a huge PTR fan and if you have been following my Holiday Gift Guides for the last few years, you know one of his kits always makes my list. This sampler kit contains their best selling masks, which happens to be my favorite ones as well. For this price, you won’t go wrong.
- Elemis | Pro Collagen Super Stars Set $235 – Elemis is my favorite luxury skincare brand! While this kit is a bit of a splurge, I promise it’s worth it. When it comes to their products, a little goes a long way, so this is something that will last.
- It Cosmetics | Treat Your Skin To IT Set $48 – I use numerous products from IT Cosmetics in my everyday makeup and skincare routine. They have quality products at an affordable price! This kit is one of my favorites and it contains some of their best sellers.
- Artis | Elite 5 Brush Set $175 – Artis Brushes are like no other and that is why they would make a perfect gift for the beauty lover in your life. This set is top of the line and contains 5 of their most popular brushes! They are sleek, luxurious and allow you to apply your makeup with a flawless finish.
- Clarisonic | Bright + Glowing Skincare Set $169 – Anyone who knows me, knows I live for my Clarisonic. I use it daily and also bring it with me every time I travel. The Mia Smart clears away your clogs, gives you a brighter completion and leaves your skin feeling healthier and hydrated. This kit includes some goodies from IT Cosmetics too which will become staples in your beauty routine.