With the Holiday’s in full effect, you are bound to throw, as well as attend, a few get togethers. I came across this fast, fun and easy recipe on Pillsbury.com that will leave your guests beyond happy and waiting for your next party!
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 can (16.3 oz) of Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers or Homestyle refrigerated honey butter biscuits
Dips and Toppings:
- Hot Fudge sauce
- Caramel sauce
- Coconut, flaked or shredded
- Graham Cracker crumbs
- Peanut butter, melted
- Colored sprinkles
- Chopped nuts
- Miniature chocolate chips
- In deep fryer or heavy saucepan, heat 2 to 3 inches oil.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits; using small round cookie cutter, cut 3 holes out of each biscuit.
- Gently place 3 or 4 doughnut holes in hot oil. Fry on one side until golden brown. Gently turn with tongs; fry other side until golden brown. Place on cooling rack; cool 2 to 3 minutes.
- To set up the Doughnut Bar, arrange doughnut holes in large serving bowl, dips and toppings in small bowls along with cocktail forks for dipping.
- If you’d rather make doughnuts, just cut a center hole in each biscuit. Then fry both the doughnuts and the holes.
- Add color to the bar with jewel-toned disposable cocktail forks, available at your local party supply store.
Let me know if you are able to try this delicious recipe out yourself!
I have been doing the biscuit donuts for a couple years as a special treat when we go camping, that is the only time I make them. I use a dutch oven over the fire and they turn out great. They may be the best donuts I ever had. I just use the regulat homestyle biscuits, then powder sugar sprinkled over them while still hot. Its a fun tradition that my kids (and husband) really look forward to.
This is so perfect! I love this idea so much!
What a fun idea, would be great to go with a hot chocolate bar!
Fantastic! My mum gave me a similar recipe which I also wrote a post about. They shapes of the doughnuts were not so perfect though so I will give it another go!