When it comes to lippies I’m normally a sucker for a bold color but lately I have been gravitating more towards nudes. Neutral tones can really light up your face and accent your makeup. I also feel like a neutral lip shade flatters all women, regardless of skin tone. There’s also a wide range in what classifies as a nude. I prefer to stick to the warm browns, pink and mauves.
Here are some of my favorite nude lip products:
[ From Left to Right ]
1. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Abu Dhabi – This is one of my favorite matte formulas! It’s super creamy and goes on silky smooth. It doesn’t feather like other mattes tend to do but this formula also will not stay on all day. I’m perfectly ok with that as sometimes true mattes are super drying.
2. Kylie Matte Liquid Lipstick in Candy K – The hype over these lip kits were huge! I guess I lucked out grabbing one because I literally just went on the site after hearing people complaining about it selling out in 5 minutes and I was able to add Candy K into my cart and check out. Candy K is a dusty brown rose color. The formula is very pigmented and it dried quick so I recommend applying in thin layers. This stuff will not move from your lips though! While it can feel very dry, just add a bit on gloss on top to soften it up.
3. NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu – I’m a huge NYX fan and these Butter Glosses are what I tend to wear on a daily basis. The color of the bottle is the exact color you get when you apply it. Also it smells amazing.
4. Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Pepper – This is such a gorgeous shade. It is a nude dusty rose and I love that it does’t wash out your skin. The formula is creamy and just like most other lipsticks you will be reapplying after a few hours.
5. Nars Satin Pencil on Rikugien – The formula of the satin pencils is very light, almost feeling as if you don’t have anything on your lips. The shade is a mute rose (see a pattern here lol) and it is buildable.
6.ColourPop Ultra Matte Lipstick in Bianca – ColourPop makes my favorite matte lippies that truly last forever on the lip. The formula is incredible and they have amazing shades.
7. Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Curviest Caramel – This is such a great neutral color. The Chubby Sticks are soft and lightweight and have a great moderate gloss finish.
8. L’oreal Infallible Pro Matte Gloss in Bare Attraction – As my favorite drugstore brand, L’oreal did not disappoint with this Pro Matte collection. Just like the first product on my list, you won’t get that typical drying matte formula with these. They are creamy and super pigmented while still have the perfect amount of gloss finish. Bare Attraction has been my go to for a nude lip.
9. Kylie Lip Liner in Candy K – This liner comes with the liquid lipstick as the Kylie Lip Kit (see #2). I use this with all my nude shades and it helps to stop feathering.
10. Urban Decay + Gwen Stefani Lip Pencil in Ex-Girlfriend – I absolutely love the collaboration of Gwen + Urban Decay. Ex-Girlfriend is a gorgeous shade and this lip pencil is a match to the lipstick, which also happens to be my favorite but I lost it :/ I love that I can use the lip pencil with all my nude lipsticks and it goes on super smooth.
Here is what each shade looks like swatched on my arm:
What are your favorite nude shades?
Make sure to subscribe to Pearls & Paris by clicking follow on the right hand side. I’m doing some updates to my site so this will allow you to receive all my posts via email. xo
Are Kylie Lip Kits worth the money? I’ve been curious to try! Great post
100% worth it! They are super pigmented and they literally do not move from your lips which when on the go and have a busy day is important. They are doing another launch today at 12 PST/2 EST, I’m going to try to pick up the Mary Jo K
The Mary Jo is the one I want! I’m a sucker for a nice red lip 🙂 thanks for the information
Great nude lip colors.
Awesome post! All those colors look so pretty!
Thank you! They are all such great shades
These are all so pretty! The shades are slightly different but all still nude 🙂
yes! thank you 🙂
🙂 All of the shades you are showing us here are gorgeous!
As much as I like bold shades – the nudes are the ones I use the very most, because I can apply a nude lipgloss without having to use a mirror. Very convenient.
Have a very HAPPY week 🙂
I agree! Except for the mattes, I always need a mirror lol have a great week!
I swear by MAC Modesty. I wear it at least 3-4 days a week:) I wear that same NYX butter gloss a lot as well– It’s such a pretty color!