I remember the days where I would be out with the girls 3-4 times a week. Now that I’m a mom I can count on one hand the amount of kid free nights I’ve had in the last 6 months. I wouldn’t change a thing but I do still love a good night out 🙂 Since nights out are rare, I love switching up my style each time. I’m horrible at keeping up my color so I’ve been rocking a blonde ombre for a good three years now. There’s no need to change my hair color permanetely now that I’ve discovered temporary hair color from Sally Beauty. It comes in a variety of colors, doesn’t damage your hair and comes out after one wash. I also live for the L’Oreal Paris root cover up. It temporary covers up your roots to perfection! No salon needed 🙂 For full product details keep scrolling:
Temp Hair Color: Sally Beauty
Root Cover Up: L’Oreal Paris
Primer: It Cosmetics, Bye Bye Pores
Foundation: Maybelline, Matte + Poreless
Lashes: Kiss #11
Eyeliner: L’Oreal, Voluminous Liner Noir
Mascara: L’Oreal, Voluminous Feline Mascara
Contour: It Cosmetics, You Sculpted Palette
Blush: It Cosmetics, Bye Bye Pores Blush
Highlight: Laura Geller Gilded Honey
Lips: Urban Decay X Gwen Stefani in Phone Call
Simply Stylist is back in NYC for another inspiring beauty and fashion conference that connects career-minded beauty, fashion and tech lovers with beauty professionals.
YOTEL New York
570 10th Ave, New York, NY 10036
Saturday, November 5th, 2016
10am – 6pm
Click HERE to check out the speakers + HERE to purchase a ticket.
Fall is officially here! As much as I love the summer and hot weather, my skin is thankful for cooler temperatures. As I’m sure you guys know, your skin can change with each season. These were my favorite, go to products this summer – all of which are still in my current Fall makeup lineup!
1. TRESemme Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo ($5) – I am OBSESSED with this dry shampoo and I use it way more than I would like to admit to. It doesn’t leave any white reside behind like many other dry shampoos do, leaves your hair smelling fresh and also gives your hair some life.
2. Touch in Sol Metallist Liquid Foil + Glitter Eye Shadow Duo in Gold ($25) – This eyeshadow duo is foul proof. Liquid on one side + glitter on the other. You can go from a day to night look in just 1 swipe!
3. Shea Moisture Lucious Lipstick in Tea Rose +Nectar ($10) – These were the summer shades I always went for. The formula is super creamy causing the lipstick to just glide on and best of all – they never feather.
4. Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder ($38) – In my opinion, this is the best setting powder currently on the market and has been for quite some time now. It goes on so silky and blends effortlessly.
5. Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray ($30) – So I’m not 100% committed to just 1 setting spray but I will say All Nighter is ONE of my favorites. My makeup stays in place from the time I leave my house until I return and the fact that they make a travel size one wins me over.
6. Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer ($28) – I started using this concealer a few months ago after hearing so much hype about it and it 100% lives up to it. The coverage is buildable yet light weight.
7. Make Up For Ever Water Blend Foundation ($43) – This was my go to foundation this summer when I was just hanging around the house and wanted to look put together but not do a face full of makeup. It’s super light and leaves you with a slight dewy finish.
8. Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Powerless Foundation ($8) – When I find a product I love and that works, I stick to it. Therefore it took me some time to switch my foundation brands but O.M.G, best decision ever! This foundation is my holy grail. It is on par with so many designer brands that are much more expensive. It has great coverage and leaves your skin mattified and with a seamless finish.
9. Real Techniques Makeup Sponge ($7) – This is by far my favorite makeup sponge. It’s so much more affordable than the beauty blender and does just as good of a job. It’s very versatile and blends makeup effortless for a flawless finish.
While this is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Aveeno and #WeAllGrow Latina Network, all opinions expressed are my own.
Fall is finally here!
With every change of season my skin goes through a period where it’s all out of whack. I know a lot of you can relate so I wanted to share some of my top tips and products to keeping your skin balanced and radiant this Fall.
1. Water – When it comes to water you should follow the 8×8 rules. That’s eight 8 oz glasses of water per day. This keeps your skin hydrated, firmer and gives you the appearance of a natural glow.
2. Sleep – I’m a mom to a 1 year old so I know how hard this can be, especially when you have a kid that doesn’t sleep throughout the night. Getting the proper amount of sleep at night helps you prevent sleep deprivation which basically makes your skin look dull…. and let’s not forget those under eye bags. Lack of sleep can also cause stress which then can cause acne.
3. Moisturize – Keeping your skin moisturized is such an important part of your daily skincare routine. I use AVEENO Yogurt Lotion and Body Wash daily to keep my skin nourished. I love how this collection incorporates natural ingredients such as yogurt, apricots, vanilla, honey and colloidal oats. Formulated with Active Naturals Oatmeal and nutrient-rich yogurt, this unique formula revitalizes and instantly saturates dry skin while leaving it feeling moisturized. It also contains essential vitamins, lactose, proteins, lactic acid and lipids found in yogurt to deliver a rich, nourishing experience.
4. Exfoliate – Your skin can become pretty flaky this time of year so you want to exfoliate your skin with a face or body scrub at least once a week. If you have sensitive skin, opt for something more gentle.
5. Sunscreen – I’m not sure why people think you only need sunscreen in the summer but it’s important to use it all year round. The UV rays during this season are not as strong but they are during the summer months, but none the less, they are there and can be harmful. Using sunscreen will help your skin from burning and can protect against premature wrinkling.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AVEENO. The opinions and text are all mine.
It’s no surprise that I’m a fan of L’Oreal lippies. They always seem to have the best formula and the fact that I can pick it up from my local drugstore (& who doesn’t love a good drugstore find?!) is a plus! A while back they came out with a limited Colour Riche Collection called La Vie En Rose. It’s made up of 6 perfect sheer pink matte shades that can compliment all skin tones.
I was able to get 3 of the 6 shades to swatch them for you.
So, what do you think about this collection? I noticed these 3 shades on my skin tone were pretty similar yet you could still tell them apart. I’m a fan of all three but, 705 / Jennifer Lopez, is my favorite and seems perfect for the Fall. Which of these shades is your favorite?