If you are an Urban Decay lipstick lover like I am, you probably noticed that the Revolution lippies have been 50% off! I really wasn’t sure why they were discontinuing them but then they announced their NEW collection – VICE! This collection includes 100 shades, some which are just carrying over from the Revolution line as well as some brand new ones.
I’m a sucker for good packaging and I love the gunmetal case with gold accent AND the shade matching label on the bottom of the lipstick. I’m a lipstick hoarder so this makes it easy for me to grab a shade on the go without having to open every single one.
This collection includes 6 different finishes – Mega Matte, Comfort Matte, Cream, Metallized, Sheer and Sheer Shimmer. The range of shades includes everything from neutrals to sexy reds to darks and everything in-between.
I was able to get my hands on 3 of the cream shades from their NYC launch party.
-No Tell Motel
While I still need to test out the other formulas, the creamy is ULTRA creamy and glides on like butter. I appreciate a lipstick that feels like it’s moisturizing my lips rather than drying them out. Urban Decay products always pack a punch and the pigmentation of these are A+!
Retailing for $17 (a tad bit lower than the previous Revolution lippies) the VICE collection goes on sale June 5th and will be available at UrbanDecay.com, Sephora and Ulta.
L’Oréal Paris Brand Ambassador, Claudia Betancur created Shannon De Lima Muñiz look for last nights Latin Billboards.
“For Shannon’s look, I created a soft smoky eye to compliment the blue and nude tones of her dress. We didn’t want to overdo it with a bold lip as we wanted to highlight more her eyes and dewy complexion.” – Claudia Betancur
GET THE LOOK BREAKDOWN:
1. Claudia first applied, L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Miracle Blur ($24.99) as a primer to create a flawless canvas.
2. Next, she created a natural 3D effect by layering a sheer color of L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation (C4 Shell Beige — $16.99)
3. To give definition to her face structure, she used the darker shade in the L’Oréal Paris Pro Contour Palette ($12.99) and applied it right under cheek bones, on the temple and hairline of the forehead and along the nose.
4. Claudia applied, L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Liquid Glow Illuminator ($12.99) with a defined brush on the tip of her nose, above the cheek bone and cupids bow. To give her skin more of a luminous glow, she topped it with, L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator ($12.99).
5. For the cheeks, Claudia lightly dabbed a soft pink cream blush to the apple of her cheeks.
6. For the eyes, she used L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Monos Eye Shadow in Paris Beach ($5.99) on her eye lids. For the smoky look, she first lined the crease with a black pencil liner, L’Oréal Paris Infallible Matte-Matic Liner ($8.99) and smudged it with her finger. Claudia then applied, Colour Riche Monos Eye Shadow in Argentic, a gray shadow to the crease and on the outer corner to define it, she lightly applied, Colour Riche Monos Eye Shadow in Noir Cest Noir.
7. For full lashes, she applied two coats of L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Sculpt in Blackest Black ($8.99).
8. Claudia, went for a neutral matte lip using L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Gloss in Statement Nude ($9.99) and L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Le Matte Lip Pen in 102 She’s so Matte ($9.99) in the center of the top and bottom lip.
9. To keep her makeup fresh all night, Claudia lightly sprayed, L’Oréal’s Paris Infallible Pro-Spray & Set Makeup Extender Setting Spray ($16.99)
Make Up For Ever has announced electropop singer-songwriter Charli XCX as the face of its latest launch, the Aqua XL Eye Pencil.
Launching in May, the Aqua XL pencil is an enhanced version of the existing Make Up For Ever Aqua Eye Pencil, which is a part of the brand’s water-resistant franchise. The pencils come in a range of 20 vibrant hues, including various shades of blue, green, purple and pastels, along with traditional colors like black and brown. The pencils come in five finishes — Matte, Diamond, Satin, Iridescent and Metallic. An updated formula containing emollient oils and mango butter is said to make for a smoother application, and the pigment is more intensely saturated.
Here is a swatch of all the pencils:
All of the shades are vibrant, super pigmented and just stunning!
I noticed that in some of my pictures the black shades looked to feather when swatched on my arm but I did not have that issue at all when applying to the eye. These liners are waterproof and extremely long lasting while still going on super creamy.
These are a must to keep an eye out for when they launch next month!
Lately I have been leaning towards curling my hair when I have to head out to an event or even for date night. I’ve been having a lot of my followers on instagram ask me about the products I’m using so I wanted to share with you how I achieve my curls.
I recently started using the Quantum Switch from Theorie.
Quantum, by Theorie, makes exquisite curls easy to achieve—and hold onto. With the world’s first ultra powerful MCH heaters in interchangeable curler barrels, the Quantum Switch reaches desired temperatures in seconds, alternates effortlessly between each barrel size and maintains heat with absolutely even heat conductors. The Quantum protects every strand from damage, curls are smoother and hold onto healthy shine. Hair glides effortlessly across silky-smooth barrels, without tugs, snags or catches. Impeccable curls emerge quickly, effortlessly and in perfect shape.
The barrel sizes included are:
I use different barrels depending on the size curl I want. The thinner barrels create a tighter curl while the larger will give you bigger and looser curls. I usually go for a more natural curl so I love the 25 MM barrel the most. Here are some looks I’ve created:
Another product I always use when curling my hair is the Heat Shield Thermal Spray from Theorie.
This lightweight styling spray safeguards hair from the effects of heat-styling tools as it smoothes unruly ends, nourishes and strengthens. Apply to offset breakage, preserve moisture and prevent color fading and to leaving behind a long-lasting style with luster.
What’s your go to curling product?
As a big Urban Decay fan, I was really excited to test out their Matte Revolution Lipsticks.
[Left to Right: Tilt, Stark Naked, Bittersweet]
I had the opportunity to swatch and test out 3 of the matte shades – Tilt, bright orangey red / Stark Naked, nude / Bittersweet, bright purple.
The Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipsticks are unlike other mattes. They are SUPER creamy and do not dry like a traditional matte lipstick. The formula, while applies buttery, drys with almost a velvet texture and is very long lasting. The three shades I tried were also very pigmented and did not feather when applied.
[Left to Right: (with flash) Bittersweet, Tilt & Starknaked]
What do you think about these shades? Which one is your favorite?