It’s been almost 5 years since I traveled to Budapest.
Back in 2013 when my boyfriend (now husband) suggested it as one of the stops for a multi city Europe vacation I was planning I was like whattttt??? Budapest? Where is that and why do we want to go? Long story short, it’s in Hungary and that is where his family is from.
What I didn’t realize is that I would be exploring one of the most underrated cities with amazing medieval architecture, cool Turkish baths and several historic bridges. OH & they have a love for goulash and paprika… 2 things I am not a fan of to be honest but if that’s your thing – go for it.
Here are 12 photos that will make you want to visit Budapest:
- Hungarian Parliament Building – how stunning is this structure?
2. Not too shabby at night either….
3. Thermal Baths! While there are many around the city, The Széchenyi Bath is one of the most popular ones.
4. Gelato Rose?! YES, please.
5. In a city filled with history, the Shoes on the Danube is one of the most moving memorials in Europe.
6. Ride in style while visiting Margaret Island.
7. The Fisherman’s Bastion is one of my favorite spots in Budapest. You get the absolute BEST panoramic view across the Danube, Margaret Island and Pest!
8. Hop on the Buda Castle Hill Funicular to give your feet a break and for this view.
9. What’s better than a pedicure? A Fish pedicure.
10. On one of our last nights in town, we stopped into Buddha-Bar randomly for a drink. They had a private event going on and we were invited to join in on the fun! The atomsphere in this place is amazing. Stop in for delicious food, yummy drinks and great music.
11. One of my favorite phrases is “Always make sure you look up” – the Budapest Opera House is the perfect example why.