Pantone has announced their pick for Color of the Year -2014-
Radiant Orchid blooms with confidence and magical warmth that intrigues the eye and sparks the imagination. It is an expressive, creative and embracing purple—one that draws you in with its beguiling charm. A captivating harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid emanates great joy, love and health.
I’m sure some may associate this color with Barney but I absolutely LOVEEE it! It’s a perfect accent color that can blend well with all skin tones.
Here are some trends in Radiant Orchid:
PC: Become Gorgeous
How do you feel about this color?
Click HERE to check out Sephoras Pinterest board on the Pantone Color of the Year!
Pantone has just announced their pick for Color of the Year -2013-
I couldn’t agree more with their choice – I am loving the Emerald trend especially in Fashion. It is such a rich and bold color that really leaves a statement! The color Emerald has also been known to stand for life, love, youth and timelessness.
How do you feel about their pick? Do you like it better than the Pantone Color of the Year for 2012 – Tangerine Tango?
This year the Grammy Nominations were announced with a one hour LIVE concert hosted by Taylor Swift and LL Cool J. It featured a wide variety of musical guest that included Hunter Hayes, Luke Bryan, Fun., Band Perry and Dierks Bentley, the Who, Ne-Yo and Maroon 5.
Here is a list of the Nominations for the “Big-Four”:
Album Of The Year
Record Of The Year
Lonely Boy – The Black Keys
Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You) – Kelly Clarkson
We Are Young – Fun. featuring Janelle Monáe
Somebody That I Used to Know – Gotye Featuring Kimbra
Thinkin Bout You – Frank Ocean
We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together – Taylor Swift
Song Of The Year
- The A Team – Ed Sheeran, songwriter (Ed Sheeran)
- Adorn – Miguel Pimentel, songwriter (Miguel)
- Call Me Maybe – Tavish Crowe, Carly Rae Jepsen & Josh Ramsay,
songwriters (Carly Rae Jepsen)
- Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You) – Jörgen Elofsson, David Gamson, Greg
Kurstin & Ali Tamposi, songwriters (Kelly Clarkson)
- We Are Young – Jack Antonoff, Jeff Bhasker, Andrew Dost & Nate Ruess,
songwriters (Fun. featuring Janelle Monáe)
Best New Artist
- Alabama Shakes
- Hunter Hayes
- The Lumineers
- Frank Ocean
By the end of the show there was a spotlight on the artist that tied for most nominations at 5 each: Kanye West, Jay-Z, Frank Ocean, Mumford & Sons, Fun. and Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys.
As a huge fan of Dance/House music I was glad to see it incorporated into the categories once again. While some of these artists are not particularly my favorite personal preference in the House scene, it’s still nice to see the genre recognized.
Best Dance Recording
- Levels – Avicii
- Let’s Go – Calvin Harris Featuring Ne-yo
- Bangarang – Skrillex Featuring Sirah
- Don’t You Worry Child – Swedish House Mafia Featuring John Martin
- I Can’t Live Without You – Al Walser
Best Dance/Electronica Album
- Wonderland – Steve Aoki
- Don’t Think – The Chemical Brothers
- &rt;Album Title Goes Here< – Deadmau5
- Fire & Ice – Kaskade
- Bangarang – Skrillex
Best Remixed Recording, Non-classical
- In My Mind (Axwell Remix) – Axel Hedfors, Remixer (Ivan Gough
Feenixpawl Featuring Georgi Kay)
- Lie Down In Darkness (Photek Remix) – Photek, Remixer (Moby)
- Midnight City (eric Prydz Private Remix) Eric Prydz, Remixer (m83) – –
Promises (Skrillex & Nero Remix) – Skrillex, Remixer (nero)
- The Veldt (Tommy Trash Remix) – Thomas Olsen, Remixer (deadmau5 Featuring Chris James)
You can see a full list of the 55th Annual Grammy Awards Nominees here.
Who do you think will be the big winners this year?
Do you think any artist were overlooked?
While the Grammys is noted as the biggest night in music – I like to think of it as the Superbowl of Fashion and am most excited to see what everyone is wearing.
The 2013 Grammy Awards will air live on February 10th at 8pm EST on CBS.