The People’s Choice Awards
The award show that is all about Fan Favorites in Movies, Music & TV.
Some of my favorite categories/winners are:
Favorite Late Night Talk Show Host
Favorite Comedic Movie Actor
Favorite R&B Artist
Favorite Country Artist
There was also some misses such as Nicki Minaj beating out Drake, Flo Rida, Jay Z & Pitbull in the Favorite Hip Hop artist category.
Now… for the best part of the night: THE FASHION
Taylor Swift in a white Ralph Lauren gown with Turquoise accessories
Lea Michele in a pink Elie Saab mini and strappy heels
Naomi Watts in a backless Alexander McQueen gown with a studded clutch
Emma Watson in a multi colored peplum Peter Pilotto mini
For a full list of winners click HERE
This year the Grammy Nominations were announced with a one hour LIVE concert hosted by Taylor Swift and LL Cool J. It featured a wide variety of musical guest that included Hunter Hayes, Luke Bryan, Fun., Band Perry and Dierks Bentley, the Who, Ne-Yo and Maroon 5.
Here is a list of the Nominations for the “Big-Four”:
Album Of The Year
Record Of The Year
Lonely Boy – The Black Keys
Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You) – Kelly Clarkson
We Are Young – Fun. featuring Janelle Monáe
Somebody That I Used to Know – Gotye Featuring Kimbra
Thinkin Bout You – Frank Ocean
We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together – Taylor Swift
Song Of The Year
- The A Team – Ed Sheeran, songwriter (Ed Sheeran)
- Adorn – Miguel Pimentel, songwriter (Miguel)
- Call Me Maybe – Tavish Crowe, Carly Rae Jepsen & Josh Ramsay,
songwriters (Carly Rae Jepsen)
- Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You) – Jörgen Elofsson, David Gamson, Greg
Kurstin & Ali Tamposi, songwriters (Kelly Clarkson)
- We Are Young – Jack Antonoff, Jeff Bhasker, Andrew Dost & Nate Ruess,
songwriters (Fun. featuring Janelle Monáe)
Best New Artist
- Alabama Shakes
- Hunter Hayes
- The Lumineers
- Frank Ocean
By the end of the show there was a spotlight on the artist that tied for most nominations at 5 each: Kanye West, Jay-Z, Frank Ocean, Mumford & Sons, Fun. and Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys.
As a huge fan of Dance/House music I was glad to see it incorporated into the categories once again. While some of these artists are not particularly my favorite personal preference in the House scene, it’s still nice to see the genre recognized.
Best Dance Recording
- Levels – Avicii
- Let’s Go – Calvin Harris Featuring Ne-yo
- Bangarang – Skrillex Featuring Sirah
- Don’t You Worry Child – Swedish House Mafia Featuring John Martin
- I Can’t Live Without You – Al Walser
Best Dance/Electronica Album
- Wonderland – Steve Aoki
- Don’t Think – The Chemical Brothers
- &rt;Album Title Goes Here< – Deadmau5
- Fire & Ice – Kaskade
- Bangarang – Skrillex
Best Remixed Recording, Non-classical
- In My Mind (Axwell Remix) – Axel Hedfors, Remixer (Ivan Gough
Feenixpawl Featuring Georgi Kay)
- Lie Down In Darkness (Photek Remix) – Photek, Remixer (Moby)
- Midnight City (eric Prydz Private Remix) Eric Prydz, Remixer (m83) – –
Promises (Skrillex & Nero Remix) – Skrillex, Remixer (nero)
- The Veldt (Tommy Trash Remix) – Thomas Olsen, Remixer (deadmau5 Featuring Chris James)
You can see a full list of the 55th Annual Grammy Awards Nominees here.
Who do you think will be the big winners this year?
Do you think any artist were overlooked?
While the Grammys is noted as the biggest night in music – I like to think of it as the Superbowl of Fashion and am most excited to see what everyone is wearing.
The 2013 Grammy Awards will air live on February 10th at 8pm EST on CBS.