I have been compensated by Sundown Naturals® and Pollinate Media Group for this post as part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Sundown Naturals® but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #GoodnessGiveaway #sharethegoodness http://my-disclosur.es/OBstV
After you become a mom you tend to put yourself on the backburner. You are constantly worrying about taking care of the baby or your home but what about taking care of yourself? We often forgot how important it is to be mentally and physically in shape for ourselves. When you feel good it makes taking care of everything and everyone else that much easier. Here are 5 tip for maintaining a healthier you:
- ME time! – Sounds simply enough right?? Wrong. Most of us, especially parents, don’t take enough time out during the week to do something for ourselves. The daily grind can really wear us down so make sure to schedule that massage, head to Starbucks to have a coffee and read your favorite book or hire a sitter for a fun date night.
- Stay hydrated with water – Staying hydrated with water is key to maintaining good health. Being dehydrated affects your skin, your kidneys and causes you to feel down and tired. Drinking water safety detoxes your body and gives you natural energy which is so important when constantly on the go.
- Taking vitamins daily – When I stopped breastfeeding I also stopped taking my prenatal vitamins and I instantly noticed a change. I knew I had to incorporate a multivitamin back into my daily routine. While picking up a few things at Walmart, I ended up discovering Sundown Naturals® Adult Gummies Vitamins. Sundown Naturals® are free of gluten, dairy and artificial flavors◊. I started taking the Women’s Multivitamin with Biotin. These gummies are filled with essential vitamins and minerals and support healthy hair, skin and nails. I also purchased the Melatonin Gummies which help support sound and quality sleep. Sundown Naturals® Adult Gummies have a really good taste to them and don’t have that weird aftertaste, after having these I can never go back to the traditional type of vitamins. If you’re interested in trying these gummies for yourself then enter the Goodness Giveaway Sweepstakes today! Head into Walmart and purchase at least 1 Sundown Naturals® vitamin product for a chance to win weekly prize packages and a grand prize! Every week, one winner will be selected to choose from 1 of 4 prize packs – Yogi Pack, Fitness Pack, Foodie Pack, or a $100 Walmart Gift Card. Simply upload a picture of your receipt here and you are entered for a chance to win some incredible prizes now through 11/1!
- Relaxation & Rest – Stress can literally wreak havoc on your life! Remember to breathe and step outside for 5 minutes if you need to. Also try to maximize your sleep every night. The better nights rest you get the more refreshed and productive you will be the next day.
- Exercise – If you’re anything like me, the thought of working out makes you a little sad on the inside. It’s so hard for me to really get into a good routine BUT once I do (and once you start to) you feel so good about yourself. Exercise controls your weight, improves your mood, boosts energy and all around keeps your mind and body healthier. Remember that you don’t need to spend hours upon hours at the gym to achieve this. If all you have is 15 minutes, head outside and take a brisk stroll around your neighborhood. Something as simple and easy as that promotes better health.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. ◊Applies to all products manufactured after 5/1/15. Please check back of label as manufacture dates may vary.
OK – as promised, I am announcing the winner of the Leonisa Shapewear GIVEAWAY!
As usual, the winner was chosen at random.
Everyone received 1 entry for each social media account they follow.
AND THE WINNER IS….
Congratulations!!! Please e-mail me so I can get your information over to the Leonisa Shapewear rep.
Stay tuned for another fabulous giveaway coming soon!
Last summer I discovered the Dole Fruit Smoothie Shakers. It was LOVE….. at first sip.
The Fruit Smoothies come in 4 flavors: Strawberry, Strawberry Banana, Mixed Berry & Peach Mango. Each one is delicious when mixed with either pineapple, apple or orange juice.
A few weeks ago while food shopping, I came across a new smoothie from Dole – Nutrition Plus Fruit & Veggie Shakers Power Smoothies.
These shakers are made with all natural fruit, veggies, real Greek yogurt and popular boosts. They are a fun way to add healthy fruit and veggies to your diet.
Yellow Power – Pineapple Mango with Sweet Potato & Carrot
Blue Power – Blueberry Banana with Red Beet
Red Power – Strawberry Raspberry with Red Beet & Purple Carrot
I’ve only been able to find two of these flavors but I am on the hunt to find the Blue Power as well.
Each serving when prepared with juice is under 200 calories, low in fat and trans fat-free. They contain Pre & Probiotics (live and active cultures), 100% DV of vitamin C, are a good source of vitamins A & E and are nutritionally fortified with an extra boost of protein. The best part? Tastes like fruit, not veggies!
I was a little nervous to try these out because I’m not big on vegetables but they taste great and are an excellent way to make sure you get some extra veggies in during your day.
Go out & pick one up! 🙂
I’ve been seeing the Dole Fruit Smoothie Shakers in the grocery store lately and have been so interested in trying them so I picked up a few last week.
1 word — AMAZING.
I love the whole no blender concept!
There are currently 4 flavors: Mixed Berry, Peach Mango, Strawberry & Strawberry Banana. Each serving prepared with 7 oz of juice is under 200 calories and they have a ton of other benefits. They are made with all natural fruit, low in fat, rich in dietary fiber, and are a great source of calcium and Vitamin C.
Remove your Dole shaker from the freezer, when you open the lid you will see colorful frozen fruit and yogurt pieces. It’s important to remember to let it sit out for a little so the frozen pieces can defrost. If not – you will get clumps of frozen fruit and yogurt in your smoothie (yuck!) Once defrosted, pour your juice of choice up to the Fill Zone. Close the lid and shake, shake, shake for about 45 seconds. That’s it – super easy and quick and you have a delicious smoothie at hand. This is perfect for mornings when you are on the go or just need an afternoon pick me up. I love that with the 4 flavors you really have so many varieties of smoothies just by different juices. They can be purchased at your local grocery market and retail for about $2.99 each but they always have a sale on them so I usually get them for about $1.50 each.
Have you tried the Smoothie Shakers ? If so – what do you think about them?
I loved this month’s box!
Must Have Fashion: Spa Wrap in White by Brokedown
Must Have Fashion: Purple Thong by Hanky Panky
Must Have Food: Mariebelle New York’s Trésor Box
Must Have Beauty: Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain by Revlon
Must Gave Entertainment: Safe Haven Book & Song Download
Must Have Home: Connoisseurs Quick Jewelry Cleanse
Special Extra: Conversation Hearts Candy
Here’s a breakdown of this month’s goodies!
I’m more of a romantic- comedy type of girl but I’ve heard GREAT things about this film and I am one of those people who feel like the book is usual better than the movie so I’m happy I received this. Plus, you can always use a good new read.
I’m all about costume jewelry, so I rarely find myself needing a cleanser for my items but when they need a touch up – stuff like this makes them shine like new!
Underwear & Lipgloss…. 2 of my favorite things.
I love the material of the Hanky Panky undies and Revlon’s Just Bitten has amazing pigment – if you haven’t tried it…. I suggest you do.
I have a big sweet tooth so I always appreciate any sweets or candy that is included in the box. The Trésor Box pearls can be eaten right from the box or add them as a topping to your favorite ice cream for a special treat.
This was my favorite item in the box and it’s launching was exclusively in the POPSUGAR February Must Have Box . The wrap is SO soft and it’s perfect to throw on while getting ready for the day or night. Retailing at $84 it is a little pricey but use code: MustHave30 on their website for 30% off your purchase.
Click HERE to sign up for your monthly POPSUGAR box
& use code: Refer5 for $5 off your first month 🙂