[ This post is in partnership with Spirit Airlines, as always – all opinions are my own.]
Did you check out my Disney Recap?
If so, then you already know that we flew Spirit Airlines last month to get to Orlando.
While I have flown with international budget airlines before, this was my first time flying with a US based budget airline. Spirit Airlines is the leading Ultra Low Cost Carrier in the United States, the Caribbean, the Bahamas and Latin America – serving 39+ destinations!
Spirit’s total price saves you 30 percent more than other airlines, on average, by unbundling ticket prices.
4 Reasons Why Spirit is Different
- Ultra-low fares
Home of the Bare Fare
Their fares are fully unbundled. No “free” bag. No “free” drink. Other airlines bake those options right into their ticket price. They don’t. A ticket with Spirit will get you and a personal item from A to B.
They call it Frill Control
They believe in paying only for what you use, not what you don’t. You get to control your options and never pay for someone else’s “free” bags.
- Fresh planes
They have a fit fleet
Spirit has one of the youngest fleets flying. They’re safe and fuel-efficient, and that saves you money.
- Cozy seating
They are plane simple
Spirit adds more seats to their planes because when you fly with more people, the cost per person goes down. The seats are simple: they don’t recline, so you don’t wind up with someone’s head in your lap.
Still want the extras?
Spirit has them! While the Bare Fare doesn’t include extras that certain passengers may not want – you can absolutely still have them. They have a great menu filled with water, soft drinks, alcoholic beverages, muffins and snacks that can be purchased. Click HERE to check out the menu.
A few other extras that you can purchase prior to your flight if you would like are:
-The Big Front Seat
-Carry On Bag
-Check In Luggage
To help save you time and money while traveling with Spirit:
- Buy bags early: If you know you’re going to need a checked bag or carry-on, buy it early and online to save major money.
- Personal item included: One personal item is included in the Bare Fare – something like a purse or small backpack
- They’re light on legroom: Spirits a cozy airline. They add extra seats to our planes so we can fly with more people.
- Get the big front seat: For a little extra cash you can secure the Big Front Seat.
- Print your pass at home: Save yourself some money and print your boarding pass at home. It costs you $10 to print at the airport.
- Refreshments for purchase: Your Bare Fare doesn’t include refreshments – even water. Beat the system by filling up a water bottle after security.
- Travel insurance is available: They don’t give refunds if your plans change. Insurance is available to protect you from the unexpected.
- Join the $9 Fare Club: Looking to save even more? Join the $9 Fare Club for access to exclusive travel deals and special bag prices.
What is the $9 Fare Club?
When you join the $9 Fare Club, you’ll get exclusive access to some of the lowest fares available, as well as discounted prices on bags. Plus, you’ll get special deals that are available only to members of the $9 Fare Club. Joining costs only $59.95.
I’m a big fan of budget airlines because they take you where you need to go at a super affordable price. My experience flying Spirit was great! The seats were comfy and the plane staff was helpful. Click HERE to head to their site to plan your next getaway!