L’Oreal just recently introduced their new line of Lip Paints and they consist of vibrant statement shades with a glossy finish. As one of my favorite drug store brands, when I saw these came out – I knew I had to get my hands on them to test them out.
L to R: Nude Star, Fearless Fuchsia, Wild Rose, DIY Red, Violet Twist & Lilac Lust
How gorgeous are these shades? I truly love these lippies and while I tend to lean more towards a matte, these made me find my love again for a glossy finish.
While they normally retail for $9.99, I came across them for $8 at both Target, Harmon and Walmart. What shades will you be picking up?
[While these products were compliments of L’Oreal, as always – all opinions are of my own.]
It’s no surprise that I’m a fan of L’Oreal lippies. They always seem to have the best formula and the fact that I can pick it up from my local drugstore (& who doesn’t love a good drugstore find?!) is a plus! A while back they came out with a limited Colour Riche Collection called La Vie En Rose. It’s made up of 6 perfect sheer pink matte shades that can compliment all skin tones.
I was able to get 3 of the 6 shades to swatch them for you.
So, what do you think about this collection? I noticed these 3 shades on my skin tone were pretty similar yet you could still tell them apart. I’m a fan of all three but, 705 / Jennifer Lopez, is my favorite and seems perfect for the Fall. Which of these shades is your favorite?
If you are an Urban Decay lipstick lover like I am, you probably noticed that the Revolution lippies have been 50% off! I really wasn’t sure why they were discontinuing them but then they announced their NEW collection – VICE! This collection includes 100 shades, some which are just carrying over from the Revolution line as well as some brand new ones.
I’m a sucker for good packaging and I love the gunmetal case with gold accent AND the shade matching label on the bottom of the lipstick. I’m a lipstick hoarder so this makes it easy for me to grab a shade on the go without having to open every single one.
This collection includes 6 different finishes – Mega Matte, Comfort Matte, Cream, Metallized, Sheer and Sheer Shimmer. The range of shades includes everything from neutrals to sexy reds to darks and everything in-between.
I was able to get my hands on 3 of the cream shades from their NYC launch party.
-No Tell Motel
While I still need to test out the other formulas, the creamy is ULTRA creamy and glides on like butter. I appreciate a lipstick that feels like it’s moisturizing my lips rather than drying them out. Urban Decay products always pack a punch and the pigmentation of these are A+!
Retailing for $17 (a tad bit lower than the previous Revolution lippies) the VICE collection goes on sale June 5th and will be available at UrbanDecay.com, Sephora and Ulta.
L’Oréal Paris Brand Ambassador, Claudia Betancur created Shannon De Lima Muñiz look for last nights Latin Billboards.
“For Shannon’s look, I created a soft smoky eye to compliment the blue and nude tones of her dress. We didn’t want to overdo it with a bold lip as we wanted to highlight more her eyes and dewy complexion.” – Claudia Betancur
GET THE LOOK BREAKDOWN:
1. Claudia first applied, L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Miracle Blur ($24.99) as a primer to create a flawless canvas.
2. Next, she created a natural 3D effect by layering a sheer color of L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation (C4 Shell Beige — $16.99)
3. To give definition to her face structure, she used the darker shade in the L’Oréal Paris Pro Contour Palette ($12.99) and applied it right under cheek bones, on the temple and hairline of the forehead and along the nose.
4. Claudia applied, L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Liquid Glow Illuminator ($12.99) with a defined brush on the tip of her nose, above the cheek bone and cupids bow. To give her skin more of a luminous glow, she topped it with, L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator ($12.99).
5. For the cheeks, Claudia lightly dabbed a soft pink cream blush to the apple of her cheeks.
6. For the eyes, she used L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Monos Eye Shadow in Paris Beach ($5.99) on her eye lids. For the smoky look, she first lined the crease with a black pencil liner, L’Oréal Paris Infallible Matte-Matic Liner ($8.99) and smudged it with her finger. Claudia then applied, Colour Riche Monos Eye Shadow in Argentic, a gray shadow to the crease and on the outer corner to define it, she lightly applied, Colour Riche Monos Eye Shadow in Noir Cest Noir.
7. For full lashes, she applied two coats of L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Sculpt in Blackest Black ($8.99).
8. Claudia, went for a neutral matte lip using L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Gloss in Statement Nude ($9.99) and L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Le Matte Lip Pen in 102 She’s so Matte ($9.99) in the center of the top and bottom lip.
9. To keep her makeup fresh all night, Claudia lightly sprayed, L’Oréal’s Paris Infallible Pro-Spray & Set Makeup Extender Setting Spray ($16.99)
As a big Urban Decay fan, I was really excited to test out their Matte Revolution Lipsticks.
[Left to Right: Tilt, Stark Naked, Bittersweet]
I had the opportunity to swatch and test out 3 of the matte shades – Tilt, bright orangey red / Stark Naked, nude / Bittersweet, bright purple.
The Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipsticks are unlike other mattes. They are SUPER creamy and do not dry like a traditional matte lipstick. The formula, while applies buttery, drys with almost a velvet texture and is very long lasting. The three shades I tried were also very pigmented and did not feather when applied.
[Left to Right: (with flash) Bittersweet, Tilt & Starknaked]
What do you think about these shades? Which one is your favorite?