I’m no Fashionista, but I love Fashion…. and more than that, I love Paris. Before my first trip back in 2015 I was so worried when packing for my visit. I didn’t want to look like a typical tourist but I wanted to stay true to my sense of style. Luckily for me – Parisian style isn’t much different than my own. Here are a few style tips to keep in mind for your trip to the City of Light + Love.
- Keep it simple – simplicity, versatility and practicality are key to true Parisian style. Do not over accessorize.
- Flats are KEY – I think movies have jaded us to think that all Parisian women walk around in 5 inch stilettos everywhere and that is so far from the truth. Flats are key… especially for tourists. Paris has a lot of cobblestone and on top of that, most people walk A LOT during the day. Can you imagine doing that in heels? My last 2 trips I easily walked at least 10 miles EACH day.
- Blazers are a girls best friend – Putting on a blazer can instantly add a chic touch to any outfit. Everyone should have at least one classic blazer in their wardrobe and they are absolutely a staple for Parisian style. Throw on a pair of oxfords with it and you might pass off as a local 😉
- Relaxed Silhouettes – I noticed in my area (at least in NJ + NYC) form fitting clothes are what most women gravitate towards. Parisian style is slightly different. They appreciate flowy dresses and relaxed fit as well as tailored pieces vs. body con + overly baggy.
- All Black Everything! – Ok, maybe not everything lol Black + white hues are always trendy. I’m all about a pop of color from either your shoes or bag. Also think scarves! They are huge in Parisian style and can instantly add a pop of color and glam to your outfit.
Parisian style ultimately is about not being over or under dressed.
They are simply casual but at the same time elegant and carry a stylish confidence that is contagious. At the end of the day, staying true to your style is what is most important. If the tips above are ones you personally don’t prefer, go with your gut and wear what makes you feel beautiful and confident.
Beaucoup d’amour! xo